Department: School of Education
Reports to: Director of the School of Education
Classification: Clinical Faculty, Full-Time
Antioch University provides learner-centered education to empower students with the knowledge and skills to lead meaningful lives and to advance social, economic, and environmental justice.
The School of Education at Antioch University Midwest is seeking applicants with a strong P-12 background and a commitment to teaching excellence for our expanding undergraduate and graduate licensure programs. The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The Director of Field Experience is responsible for providing oversight for all aspects of field and clinical experiences for candidates in initial and advanced programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a review of candidate eligibility, advise and arrange field experience placements relative to program requirements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with area school personnel.
- Collaborate with the School of Education Director and program chairs to revise and develop department policy
- Develop and supervise the preparation and revision of forms, materials and handbooks used in field and clinical experiences
- Provide oversight in maintaining student records concerning candidate’s completion of observation and clinical field-based hours
- Submit narrative awarding credit for Clinical II Student Teaching
- Establish and maintain collaborative service agreements and contracts with area school buildings and districts detailing responsibilities and selection criteria for cooperating teachers and/or mentors
- Select, hire, train, and assign campus supervisors appropriate to supervisory needs
- Supervise and evaluate student teachers
- Verify candidates’ eligibility for clinical experiences and candidates’ fulfillment of licensure requirement
- Prepare and conduct clinical experience orientation and seminar meetings for initial licensure candidates, campus supervisors and cooperating teachers
- Advise all members of clinical team when concerns arise during clinical experience(s)
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with edTPA and other Ohio Department of Education and Ohio Board of Regents requirements
- Represent School of Education at district, state and regional field and clinical meetings
- Teach graduate courses as assigned
- Serve on department and school wide committees
- Participate in professional development
- Other duties as assigned by the School of Education Director
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters degree required. Doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of public school teaching and/or administrative experience
- Commitment to diverse classroom environments
- Ability to teach in initial and advanced licensure program areas. Higher education teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a participatory academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with technology and its applications to the learning environment.
- Familiarity with schools in Southwestern Ohio and Central Ohio areas (Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus) and Franklin and surrounding counties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse ethnic, gender, cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds
This position requires the use of one’s own car for which there will be mileage reimbursement. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants should provide a personal statement of interest, a complete vita with the names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a statement demonstrating how the applicant’s experience has provided preparation for the primary responsibilities of the position for which application is being made. Send applications to:
Office of Human Resources
888 Dayton Street, Suite 102
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Attn: Karen Snyder, SPHR
Fax: (937) 769-1377